I thought Dojos were shy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

grav

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
I just bought three Pink Dojos' yesterday and they are frolicking around the tank like they own the place already!

Right now one of them is laying out on a bright white flat rock in plain view and the other two are also out in the open on the gravel (which is also white). Maybe they think nobody can see them since they kind of blend in (there is plenty of rocks, drift wood and vegetation to hide in).

Maybe since this is a new tank with only two young adult Angels and five small Kuhlis in it so far they don't feel threatened?

Anyway I just felt like sharing my first impressions. They seem like they are really characters with quite a bit of personality, just like my Yoyos' in my other tank!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cool! I wish I could have dojos, they sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure it helps that you have more than 1 but I haven't read they're shy. Gotta love the loaches!

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
I've got 4 in with a Goldfish in a 55 g and they haven't ever been shy either. I think you're right-when they don't feel threatened they feel comfortable coming out. When I do water changes they swarm in and out of my fingers like little baby snakes. Be sure you put your gravel siphon in a glass or something when you're siphoning the tank-they'll shoot right up the hose otherwise.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
the more the numbers the more then feel better,
they do grow large and need a large tank i have 4 in a 90 gal with 3 shubs. and they are so fat,..lol they play all the time with the goldies,.. sitting on them as they float but just to tick them off,..lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store