Blue Wag Platy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skeletonhand

Landscaper Extraordinaire
Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
I went down to the LFS this afternoon and found some blue wag platies. Got home and did some research on them and couldn't really find much out about them online. Just wondering if any of the good folks here at AC have any experience with them? I do have red wag platies in my planted 55 and they look pretty much identical (except for the blue part of course ;).)

Thanks in advance for any input!

kevinb120

AC Members
Jan 22, 2010
Centreville Va
Its just a color variant. One they NEVER have around here, take care of them like any other platy(basically water+food, in that broad of terms...).

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
So would I. I'm a platy fan, and I've never heard of blue wags.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Thanks, Tanker. I was picturing a wag with an almost cerulean body. :drool:

kevinb120

AC Members
Jan 22, 2010
Centreville Va

ExtraHannah

Learning as fast as I can!
Dec 6, 2009
Central NC
I added two blue mickey mouse in on a Live Aquaria order a while back. I was really disappointed. They were almost totally white/silvery. Very, very little blue to them. In a certain light a very few of their scales on the mid body are light bluish, but that's it. They aren't nearly as blue as those blue wags posted in the video (or the blue MM in the LA picture)!

kevinb120

AC Members
Jan 22, 2010
Centreville Va
There's one more or less called the blue speckled platy that is more common to find(what I would imagine you would get from the liveaquaria order), barely blue and just hints of blue speckles on the normal upper dorsal spine area of their backs like platy get as they age. Some people say they've gotten the heavy blue with black 'wag' fins at walmarts. If I can actually find the true blue wags, heck, I'd breed em.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store