Has anyone made one of these? River Tank Manifold!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
if anyone has interest in this post something...if people would be interested i could record my building of this and letting everyone know if this is worth it

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
back in 99 or so when I was in the FFA in high school, we hatched rainbow trout eggs and raised the fry for release into a local river. we had a similar setup, except that the powerheads blew INTO the pipe, and there were "spurs" coming up through the substrate that blew in one direction, with a similar result. I wish I had pictures, because I can still see the design in my head.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
looks very simple to make give it a try and make a journal for all of us to watch your build.

impetus

AC Members
Apr 6, 2010
Vancouver Canada
what do you think about this idea in a pond setting. like 2' wide by 8' long or as long and wide as practicle without getting rediculis with pumps. I have been toying with this idea.... is there any reason this wont work

rstrobel

AC Members
Jan 15, 2010
Modesto, CA
yes, do it. I considered it for my 20g but decided against it because it doesn't seem to be nearly as necessary in smaller tanks as it is in larger tanks

RDTigger

Newest member of F.A.R.T.
Jul 4, 2009
Pawleys Island, SC
The twist on that design would be finding a solution to the concentrated flow from the powerhead. A divert/splitter to disperse the jet flow evenly is needed to fix this., or maybe simply aiming the powerhead at some of the tanks walls to spread the force throughout the tank. The corner would be me first test, that should widen the angle of the flow and cover the entire tank...

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
Now Im interested in this addition to my next, UPCOMING thread on a new build, from resealing, to drilling, to wall building, to scaping, maybe planting, to stocking... I cant wait until monday when the build begins.

Im thinking of Rift'ing it... I think its a 40 long... found in friends basement.

Anyone have and FW build suggestions. I would love to incorporate your ideas into this setup and claim it "AC built"

I want this build to help enhance my future within the AC community.

Your suggestions are welcome... I will open the thread for suggestions/comments on Monday evening. I look forward to seeing your participation in our AC build.

-Aaron

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store