"jade puffer" anyone ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
I work a large wholesale/retail fish room.
We got some SA puffers in one kind were called a jade puffer in 30yrs the owner had not ever seen them nor the other 3 guys with over 15yrs in there own shops.
Will post pic later.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Ceylon puffers (T fluviatilis) are BW puffers that prefer high-end BW-SW as adults. They grow to 7-8".

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
actualy we have those in stock and definately not them.
the jades have a shorter more ballon shaped body heavy contrast between the white bottom and the light green top.The jade I have have the most iridesent blue green eyes I have ever seen.
I didnt notice it the Ceylon puffers had the eyes or not.
BTW If anyone needs a fakata puffer(sp?) we have a dosen at 3" for 24.99 I get a deal ;)

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You mean fahaka puffers? How are they going to place a dozen puffers that will eventually need a 120g tank (grow to 18"), & no tankmates (very mean)? What a shame. Also check that none of them are skinny. These puffers are known for coming in w/internal parasites. I'd treat them all w/Discomed to be sure. How large of a tank are they in?

Last edited:

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
Oh we move fish they will be gone in 3 weekswe had 40 lost like 5 been in a month.
They are in a 40B feed as many glassworms as they will eat also many snails and live blackworms all foods soaked a garlic solution.
And they were nasty when they came in first we used clout then couple water changes and a treatment with dyacide.they are clean and getting fat:D
We sell like 10 full grown african puffers every year at $179
we sell so many big expencive fish.
I work the biggest retail/wholesaler I know of in the midwest.
We sell like 2 albino lung fish every year for like $699
but have had the $500 tigres cat fish for a while.
Seriously if your looking for anything rare hard to find let me know I must see 12 kinds of puffers every year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store