Niger splashing to much water out of the tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rdefino

AC Members
Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
My blue Niger likes to go to the top of the tank and splash the water. So the water is splashing out around the edge of the glass covers. so he's making a mess. I'm not sure why he does this, but he does.

Anyone have any ideas on how to cover the edges better. I thought tape, but the humidity would make the tape let go. This is a 210 galloan tank.

Any thoughts?

What about siliconing a piece of the weather stripping that goes on the back of a home door? They are flexible, thin and you can maybe cut it to fit just enough to block any water from coming out? Maybe something like this shower sweep Just trying to think of something!

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
My blue Niger likes to go to the top of the tank and splash the water. So the water is splashing out around the edge of the glass covers. so he's making a mess. I'm not sure why he does this, but he does.

Anyone have any ideas on how to cover the edges better. I thought tape, but the humidity would make the tape let go. This is a 210 galloan tank.

Any thoughts?
My niger does the same exact thing!! I guess I have mine covered better. I use a normal glass lid and plastic backing. I don't lose any water. I wonder what makes the nigers engage in this behavior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store