bn pleco breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
i have a question i bought a pair of b n pleco when they were very tiny the male that has lots of bristles is very territoral and keeps the female which has no bristles chased away from his area which has zukkini and drift wood he is very mean to her the male is about 3 inches long and the female is a little shorter i am wondering if he will ever lose that bad attitude and breed with her if any one out there knows any thing about this i would like some input thanks

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
move the " female " to a differnt tank for awile if you can. It could" be a male, with males sometime the bristles wont show around a domiant male , OR if you re-enduce :her: and she is a female he will be nicer when he is ready "red coloring " .. And she will get full belly of dark color and will be pushing out on both sides when full of eggs, and in need of a male . HTH ~~

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
they should breed, males always do that. My male is very unkind to his lady but is a great Dad.
sHE IS BUSTING AT THE MOMENT TO DROP EGGS, ANYDAY NOW AND WE WILL HAVE MORE BABIES.
uR FISH JUST NEED TIME AND WHEN THEY ARE MATURE U WILL GET EGGS AND LOTS OF EM.. iSNT THAT RIGH dEBBIE.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
You are absolutely correct!

The male won't harm her, just being possessive. My males chase the females away from the cave if they come around to snoop and it's not their turn to spawn yet.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Give the male several caves to choose from and he'll most likely take up residence in one of them. The female won't be hassled as much, but she'll find him when she's ready to spawn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store