leopard ctenopoma info please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TankHobbyist

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
I just got a nice new 26 gallon bow front tank set up and i got a leopard ctenopoma any one know anything them thanks

Last edited:

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I just got a nice new 26 galklon bow front tank set up and i hevw a few koi angels a couple tiger barbs and a red tail shark now they are all doing fine on flake tropical but does any one know anything about leopard ctenopoma? please help

I know you don't have enough room in that tank for what you have so don't even consider the ctenopma unless you get rid of all those fish. They don't move around much but of what they'll usually eat is messy and I wouldn't stick one in a tank less then 20 gallons by itself.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Yeah I think your tank is a little small for the fish you have. It's only 2' long and a bit tall. I'm not sure how a leopard ctenopoma would do. They can get to be 6" long. But like mentioned above they don't move much. I think you're first priority is to rehome that red tail shark. They are very territorial and will terrorize tankmates in too small of a tank.

TankHobbyist

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
right now ive had the tank for about a weel and all the fish are less than an inch and are getting along fine i plan to move some of them when i get rid of a couple of goldies i have

NegativeLogic

AC Members
Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I just got a nice new 26 gallon bow front tank set up and i got a leopard ctenopoma any one know anything them thanks
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's generally a good idea to know what you're getting into BEFORE you buy the fish, instead of buying the fish and then wondering if everything is going to work out or not.

You can avoid lots of nasty surprises this way, and it's much more fair to the fish, which you could be unintentionally putting in a horrible situation.

I know it's hard to resist the temptation of picking up something you like when you see it, but it's much better in the long run.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store