Quantum? Kevin VanDam Signature Series Baitcast Reel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
Quantum® Kevin VanDam Signature Series Baitcast Reel

Hi there,

I just bought this reel last year and gave it a whirl last friday and all I can say is WOW

Talk about amazing bang for your buck

The last baitcaster I owned I bought when I was 12 years old for $160 (I had to save my birthday money and paper route money for a whole 6 months just to afford it!) and it was a Quantum XL 5000 or something like that...It worked well for many years and last summer I lost an oiling pin and decided it's time to put the old boy to rest

Went to BPS and got a Quantum KVD Signature Series Baitcaster

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98401____SearchResults

I must say..technology is AMAZING

To see how far they've come in terms of smoothness and castability in the past 12 years...I'm really sad I didn't get a newer baitcasting reel sooner than I did

The difference is like night and day...This reel is so smooth that I have yet to even get into a possible birds nesting situation with this reel (and I'm a pitcher for my baseball team that throws about 85-88mph so I wail this thing as hard as humanly possible...trying to nest it up lol)

Coupled with Spectra Pro 30lb test braid for tugging those hawgs out of heavy cover...I am thoroughly impressed with this reel

It is now ridiculously underpriced seeing as it as last years model...if you're looking for a new baitcasting reel that's cheap and functions well above it's price...this is the one

And while I'm here...I just want to say I'm quite impressed with Rapala's rods and reels

Bought a 7 foot magnum last year for my bass plugging and i'm very very happy with it

I also bought an open face combo by rapala (the ex 3000 I think...but don't remember tbh) for $50 ...it's a very smooth reel for the money and I hope rapala keeps bringing their demand for quality into their rods and reels

All in all I'm very happy with these products

Keep up the good work as always Rapala!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
BPS had a sale on them over the winter and I passed as I didn't know anything about them.

The fact that they are rated for 12# put me off. How much 30# did you spool up? I use Spider Wire or Berkley (?) nylon over mono. For me, mono is becoming a thing of the past.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store