coraline algae

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

liquafaction

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I have not been here in a while guys, so first I will say hello again.

I have been battleing algae problems, and am finially gettin it under control. I do have a question. Last night, I was cleaning my tank. I took out all of my power heads, and gave them a scrubbing, then cleaned out my back glass. I have not been doing good housekeeping (as far as algae is concerned) hoping that with good water conditions, water movement, snails, and a tang. that the algae would subside. I also added some good algae hoping this would help. The crabs liked my good algae better than the neusance algae, so that is almost gone (other than what I put in my sump. Anyway, after cleaning the algae off the back, there is a bright green algae that is very hard and crusty. Is this just a green coraline algae? I have read that coraline algae can be all kinds of colors. I did not try to hard to remove it, other than where I stuck my powerheads to the glass. I also finially have purple coraline algae growing on my powerheads, plumbing, and some of my glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store