Good live food for my stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

illinidorry

AC Members
Feb 2, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I was wondering what type of live food would be good for my stock as an every few day treat. Right now they get a mix of Tetra Flakes, Granules, and freeze dried bloodworms. Or if you have a different flake or granules suggestion feel free to chime in too. Stocking list is in the signature.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Those smaller fish would love live baby brine shrimp or micro worms. I feed my guppies both and they love them. An alternative to the live is decapped brine shrimp eggs - I use them also.

HTH,

teij_tseng

AC Members
Mar 25, 2010
If you wanted to go with a live food, I'd definitely vote for brine shrimp naplii (baby brine shrimp). They're easy to hatch out and if you feed them while they're newly hatched with the eggsac, they do have some nutritional value.

Apart from what you're already feeding them, if you wanted to try something new, spirulina brine shrimp has always been a favorite of mine as well. There isn't much nutritional value in adult brine shrimp but having the spirulina in there will increase the nutritional value of the shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store