Levamisole hydrochloride, Where to buy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
Does anyone know where i can buy some Levamisole hydrochloride for treating a 60g hex tank of camallanus worms? I tired looking for it around town but no luck. I did see that tracker supply had a dog de-wormer. it was a powder that you put in there food. it used Fenbendazole which i see can also be used to treat for these worms. would that dog de-wormer work? or should i keep trying to get some of this Levamisole?

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Hey bored,

Levamisole is not being made (at least last time I checked). The manufacturer was unable to get the main ingredient and until they can get it there isn't any. I have had some on back order at Jeffer's Supply for close to a year - none yet. It is a great thing to have on hand - I hate it that I can't get more myself! I contacted AgriLabs and this is what they told me almost a year ago. Wish the news was better.

I'm going to contact Jeffers and get a refund - thanks for reminding me.

bored4

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Michigan
Lol your welcome. But that sucks. I don't know what to do now. Has anyone ever tried using a dog de-wormer that uses Fenbendazole powder or something similar? Or any other suggestion?

Aphotic Phoenix

Graver Girl
Jun 5, 2007
Virginia, USA
The last time I had to buy this stuff I picked it up at a farm co-op in the form of a powdered "cattle/sheep soak", but it's also sold a pig dewormer...the difference being the concentration. It's a bit weird buying a packet large enough to treat "400 head of sheep", so if you go this route keep in mind that you're going to use a very tiny amount. (Helps if you've got dry fert measuring spoons.)

As for the stuff being discontinued...I can't find any mention of that on the internet. I'd check local farm supply store before giving up hope.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
As for the stuff being discontinued...I can't find any mention of that on the internet. I'd check local farm supply store before giving up hope.
Here is a link to a goat herders site and a good explanation about the availability. http://www.theikga.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=163

It is not discontinued, just unavailable. Hopefully they will be able to get approval and it will be back on the market. I have spoken to agrilabs and scoured every farm store with in an hour of my house - it is not there.

HTH,

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I bought some just a few weeks ago and I know people on Simply discus have as well from Foy pigeon supply.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
That is the only way to get any - if you can find someone willing to part with it and are willing to pay the price. I found some from another breeder in MI but they have since gotten out of the fish breeding business. Never thought of ebay - doh - you can find just about anything there. It is great stuff and I hope you find some.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Levamisole Hcl is not the only med that will work.
try fendbendazole/flubendazole tho it works best when administered in food.

the big benefit to levamisole is it works as a bath..but remember it must be dosed at least twice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store