FAT angelfish, pic attached

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

turtle99

AC Members
Mar 29, 2010
western australia
I have a breeding pair that breed all the time, they dont look like eggs more like bloat or constipated. What do you mainly feed? and how many times a day do you feed what food ? has she gone off food at all? if pea dosnt work. Feed your fish flake or other dried food that has been soaked in glycerol, castor oil or medicinal paraffin oil to help remove the colon blockage that causes the constipation in your fish. shes cute.

Last edited:

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
Thank you!
I give them all sorts, flake, colour bites, brine shrimp, pure vege, cooked peas, blood worms. complete cichlid, spirolina tabs. I do feed often, very small feeds 3 times a day.
I dont have the oils but will get some. I read brine shrimp can help. so gave them some, if she can possibly fit more in. She had some so while i wait for oil, fingers crossed.

turtle99

AC Members
Mar 29, 2010
western australia
fingers crossed for you they have a good diet the only reason i did asked it its normally caused by feeding dry foods or a lack of fiber with in a high protein diet.

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
I have great news!!!
She just pooped, the fattest dark poop I have ever seen!
I did the parrafin oil mixed with flake food, and peas, and pure vege food today, and while she was eating the vege, ...
I put some epson salt in yesterday too.
I was overjoyed!
She is still fat though.maybe it will take a day or 2.
A question about angelfish papilla or whatever theyre called.
She had like what liked look a bristle hair there.
The other one had a round shape.
And i thought it was the bum, very close together arent they?
Its not there now. seen it a couple times. not a worm or anything cos it it rigid.
??

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
poor lucy :(

She died on my birthday :(
Was off her food, got the two fish out of the medic tank, and prepared it for her, then i fell asleep on the lounge, and when I woke up she was dead
She was my last favourite angel.
ecky is now alone, and chasing fish.
He needs another mate to be happy hey?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
sorry for your loss

Angels don't need other angels in the tank.
you could try adding another but be leary of aggression issues.

turtle99

AC Members
Mar 29, 2010
western australia
what ecky is doing is claming the tank as his now theres no one else he has to share with hes like its mine all mine and the fish he is chasing are in basically being told hes king and its his tank you could trying adding another but he will more than likley get his nose out of joint sorry to hear lucy didnt make it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store