dwarf lion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
im trying to decide on either a fuzzy dwarf lion or fu manchu. I heard the fuman is hard to keep and the fuzzy is fairly easy to maintain? any suggestions

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I've only had experience with the fuzzy (still do:)). Mine is kept in a reef tank complete with shrimp, crabs and snails with absolutely no problems whatsoever. It can be a bit tricky getting some of them to eat, but mine is now one of the first fish to go for the food.

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
i think im se on a fuzzy or a dwarf zebra now unless anybody has something to say ot convince me otherwise

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Even Dwarf will get large, maybe not in 46G, almost double the size of FMC. Unless planned to give him new and bigger accomodation soon, I would prefer FMC.

When you convert over to Reef, just becareful whenever you stick your hand into tank as both can comouflage well by on the rock. It could be an very painful experience.
If you are allergic to bee sting or other foods, should stay away from it, for your safety. I would even recommend to wear thick glove when handling LR. I know of grown man ending up in the hospital for few days will inflammation of fingers and arm and incredible pain, possibly caused by unkown sting/cuts he may have received while he was handling uncured rocks.
I dont mean to to scare anyone but there are known snail (which maynot be visible to untrained eyes) which can sting you which will deliver death on humans in matter of seconds. CURED LR tend to be safe, but you never know what might be on the rock.

Both of them are good stalkers but FMC camouflage better. Dwarf wiil come up to the top for food once well conditioned in the tank but I dont recall ever being able to condition FMC to come to top to eat.

Although Dwarf are lot easier to initiate the feeding in captivivity, FMC is not that bad either. Just buy the one that is eating frozen food already (chooped krill/ Prawn/silversides).

Good luck with your new venture!!!

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
i i went ahead and bought the fuzzy, and i is awesome. But i think i have too much flow going for it now. I have a few coral frags in the tank with it so i have 5 powerheads for water movement. anybos know how much flow dwarf lions prefer?

RiVerfishgirl

AC Members
Jan 15, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Real Name
Heather
They're not big on a ton of flow. They're not very good swimmers. Mine would get blown away when he swam in front of powerheads.

So you really need somewhere in the tank with very little flow so he can sit and rest. Try to set up rocks so they'll block the flow somewhere.
And dwarf fuzzies like to sit against and under rocks because it makes them feel safe. So you should have it set up where he'll have somewhere to go if he gets nervous or wants to rest/sleep.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store