Little advice on Bottom feeders please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melv

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
wiltshire uk
Hi I'm looking at setting up another tank for breeding a type on angel fish but I'm not sure if any what bottom feeders will be ok with the eggs (i have a full size BN pleco in another tank and he used to love eating my angels eggs) will something like a few Cory's and or dwarf sucker mouth catfish be a good option??

also please advise on my Golden AE if he would be suitable as hes getting a little aggressive for the tank hes in and i know he will get on fine with angels just don't want anything in the new tank thats going to touch the eggs?

tank size 3ft x 1ft around 22g

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Are you certain it was the BN that ate the angel's eggs? I keep BN with spawning pairs of cichlids and L-10a whiptails w/out any losses on either side.

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
I'm not so sure cories would be okay with angel eggs. I've seen my go to town on their own eggs.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
If i had eggs say from my discus, I would not even let a bristlenose in with them. If they are hungry and there is an opportunity, I don't doubt that they'd eat them, especially if you turn the lights out in the tank at night. Even otos have been photographed eating an egg.....doesn't happen often, but again...hunger and opportunity. Cories eat their own eggs for sure. If the eggs were on a slate or something other than the substrate I would think the cories wouldn't seek the eggs out to eat. Personally I would stay clear of all sucker mouthed fishes (and snails) until the eggs hatch.

melv

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
wiltshire uk
so overall in a angel fish breeding tank should i not bother with any bottom feeders or should i risk some small ottos/corys?

depending how close to wild the angels are is wheather ill seperate the eggs or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store