Redecorated 5g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I switched my 5g betta tank from gravel to sand today and redecorated! I'm pretty proud of myself since this was my very first attempt, I thought I'd share =] I'm going to post before and after pictures in just a bit..I still have to take the after shots. :clap:

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
Way to go Juice :D

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
K here goes the before ( excuse the algae ) 035.JPG

I moved the sword plant =D

Okay I hope these pictures are loading or I'm gonna have to hop onto photobucket...

And here my fishy friends is the after: 042.JPG

annnnd some close ups: 039.JPG

040.JPG

043.JPG

Something is missing in there...I need more plants but the one I have in there is doing pretty good if I dare say so myself..I sprouted it from one of those "betta bulbs".

And last but not least I thought I would share these cute lil buggers I put in my 12g 031.JPG

So there they are..How does it look? Input, advice, commentary all welcome!!!

035.JPG 042.JPG 039.JPG 040.JPG 043.JPG 031.JPG

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I originally put the little clay pot in there for my dwarf frog but Ozz my betta has takin a liking to it =]

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Yaay! I actually liked the sword in there... definitely need something green with height. Very nice space! Is that a styrofoam cup? I totally was going to do that myself! I think that plant is crypt wendtii. Looks good!

Edit:eek:ops, clay pot! Betta love caves! Get a plant with low leaves (like anubias nana) and they'll stick themselves under one like an umbrella in the rain!

Last edited:

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
looks good :)

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Yaay! I actually liked the sword in there... definitely need something green with height. Very nice space! Is that a styrofoam cup? I totally was going to do that myself! I think that plant is crypt wendtii. Looks good!

I completely agree about the sword looking good in there lol. I wish it could stay there long term, I guess I'll have to find something else or just wait for my sprout to grow bigger.

As for the cup, it's actually a small clay pot. We have about a dozen or so of them, they were originally used as napkin holders so it has a hole on each end which is pretty cool! I was thinking about sticking three together to make 2 levels, future project! Styrofoam wouldn't be a bad idea!!!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
looks good :)

Thanks Cap'n!!! Thank you ALL for looking and hopefully I can get some more feedback since I'm not finished I still wanna do some things but I'm just not sure what, ideas are very very VERY welcome!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store