My New (to me) Metaframe Aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
Today I picked up a Metaframe slate bottom aquarium. I got it plus a stand for 10 dollars.

I measured it and used a volume calculator and it is 10 gallons.

I plan to transfer everything from my current ten gallon to the Metaframe.

I have not yet tested it for leaks but I will soon and it looks like it was resealed recently.

I am not sure how old it is but I am thinking it might have been made in the 1970s because my research (a quick google search) says that is around the time the Metaframe company was around.

The aquariums has "Metaframe" and "value line" on it.

Pics:
Metaframe 1.jpg

Metaframe 2.jpg

Metaframe 3.jpg

Metaframe logo.jpg

New stand 1.jpg

I do not think the stand is very old.

Metaframe 1.jpg Metaframe 2.jpg Metaframe 3.jpg Metaframe logo.jpg New stand 1.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Nice. I use to have a few 10gal Slate-bottom Metaframe tanks back in the 1970s.

knight4th

AC Members
Jan 29, 2010
really cool man, should be pretty easy to polish of most of the scratch marks aswell, i have a metaframe setup at my parents house.

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
Sweet! I had one also just like it in the early 70's, it was my very first aquarium that was given to me by my uncle who introducd me into the fish keeping hobby and started my facination with the Aquatic world.Enjoy that great looking tank and may it's inhabitants have a long and fulfilling life in it.:dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store