New Photo - Today in the Fish Room 12/22

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
This guy is in my office. Doesn't get photographed much.

The Neets are now a good size (2 1/2") which makes it easier to photograph.

Momma Dovii is busy with a current batch of fry...not visible in this photo.

The old man looks on. This male is extremely mild mannered, dispite what you hear about thier aggression.

"Anna Nicole Festae" and her beau. Lots of smoke and no fire...sorta like the real Anna Nicole.

L066 - Scribble Pleco popped out for a visit. Not the best photo, but one of the few I have of this fish.

Last one...a tank shot. Neets, Coeruleus, and Nicks.
Nick is in the bottom right of the photo.

KP - Driftwood look familiar?

Later...................

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
Nice pics. I'll bet the fish put on a better show than the real anna nicole!

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
I have three different species of fish that so far have not spawned. This is one of them. Cichlid Scene and I were just discussing this on Saturday. He's just too young. The good news is that they seem to really be getting along well. It's just a matter of time. The other two pair are the Citrinellum and the Umbee. I'll be a happy guy when they finally mate....'course maybe not as "happy" as them.:D

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
My scribbled is always hiding, too. I did get some good pics of him, but have not uploaded them to my hosting site. How long have you had yours and how big is he?
Mine seems to travel during water changes beside the "once in a wild fin trip" out from his hole in the driftwood.

inxs

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Litchfield, CT
www.picturetrail.com
MoJo - great pics as usual , I guess you must posess the picturetaking Mojo , I certainly don't.

You mentioned the Dovii being mildmannered though they don't enjoy that reputation, I have found that with several fish I have kept.

I don't know how you would prove/disprove or study it but I suspect it may be either the individual fish or the environment or perhaps a combination thereof. Is there any way to do an experiment to check that?

I brought home a group of salviniis that had no tail and most of the other fins torn up or off, once they were put into spacious quarters with plenty of structure they seemed to get along beautifully. They now swim together and all the fins are healed and regrown to perfection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store