my pufferfish woke me up. . . AGAIN!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MYname

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
canada
ok so quick question before i go back to sleep
is it normal for in the middle of the night when everything pitch black and im trying to sleep
for a pufferfish to go balistic now and again swimming up and down the glass abnormaly fast causing him to smack into thing like the floor and splash/jump alot
just wondering if this is normal or if i shuld be worried
if you havent gatherd by now the tank is in my bedroom so at the very least its annoying :angryfire:

ceylon puffer if it matters
healthy by day psychotic by night

Last edited:

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
any pets around at night?
if not perhaps you have a rodent running around after the fish food,..
at one time my really nice quiet corries were suddenly hidding all the time and then i figured out why i had a rat trying to swim in and catch them at night,.. ended up eating many mollies,.. and scaring the bagebezzers out of the rest,.. rotten rats,.. can't be happy eating fish food they was the fish,..

never know,.. just saying,.. most don't believe me,.. but found evedence of plants dried out behind the tank that came out on the rats back,..

dirty lil sons of,.. oh well you get it,..

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
nothing wrong with rats ..... well ..... as long as they are pets . mine like to tease my channa its so funny to watch

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Hmm. Do you have a fan or something you could run? Maybe the white noise would calm him.

JasonO

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
i have fish do this occasionally it mostly happens when I forget to feed my fish that day, or feed them flakes instead of other food they like more. Maybe the puffer is trying to hunt for food?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store