Reel suggestion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
Rod the reel would be for is a Ugly Stick 6'6". The current one I have on it is shot so its time for replacement.

Any good reels anyone can recommend that won't break that bank?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
baitcasting or spinning?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The reel you picked has only 3 ball bearings. Many people are all hung up on how many but my Shimano is as smooth running as I could hope to find. Since it is a 4000, older model, I will never trash talk it as I have used in fresh and salt.

I feel confident that you will like the smoothness of the real you picked.

If you go Penn, go with the black and gold colored ones as they are better made than the gray/aluminum ones.

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
Yea when I said not break the bank I wasn't refering to reels that cost $29 bucks or anything like that. I was expecting to pay $75 or up, I just meant not like $150 or anything. My fault I wasn't as clear.

Now before I never really did no care for my rods/reels. I never knew how or what to do. So since I'm in the market for a new reel I want to make sure I do proper caring. Can you guys inform me what all I should be doing to my reels and rods for proper care. Thank you

jandrus

AC Members
Feb 5, 2009
Pa USA
Pflueger president is the best reel in my opinion for the money. I use them for ultra light light and surf reels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store