'Lamprologus' brevis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

country_boy454

Jeep Fanatic
Jul 5, 2008
MN
Well I am getting back into the hobby after a major disaster. Long story short, I lost all my aquariums and supplies to a fire.

Back on topic, I have 2 tanks cycled and ready to stock. A 20g tall and a 55g. I am picking up some 'Lamprologus' brevis tomorrow. The down fall is I have to buy them all from the guy. He has ~20 of them. I know very little about them. The 20g tall has sand and some rock structures in them. The 55 is gravel with a lot of rock formations.

I ultimately am only looking to keep 2 breeder pairs.

Any info will be of help. I know they stay relatively small and love snail shells. Guess I'll be looking at getting some!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The 20gal would be great for 2 pairs of brevis. They love the sand as substrate and yes, you should add 3 shells or more for each shell dweller. You can put a rock structure in the center and distribute the shells on both sides of it to create 2 separated territories; one for each pair. Males grow to 2" and females to around 1.5" . They also need hard water with high pH to thrive.
Maybe it would be better to start with 2 males and 4 females in that tank.

Last edited:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I agree with Efors statement above.. Sorry to hear about the Fire..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store