Mafia #69: Ghost Hunters Game Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Game Rules:

1. Each game day, everyone has to vote to lynch someone. You vote be stated in BOLD.
ex."I vote to lynch XXXX” I am flexible on wording, but it has to be bold to count.

You must vote each game "day", but you cannot vote for No One or yourself. If you fail to vote you will die an untimely death that nightfall.

If you decide to switch your vote, state in BOLD you are doing so by stating "I retract my vote on....".

2. Whoever has the most votes will be lynched; in the event of a tie the loser will be randomly chosen.

The priority of night time will be as follows:

Lynch/Exorcism
Dr. Protection
Hits
Investigations
Random Occurrences
Untimely deaths

3. Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this rule, is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE Quicktopic, MSN, AIM, YAHOO OR THROUGH EMAIL.

4. You can say whatever you want in this game, but you can not prove it with my PM to you.

5. If you have questions, PM me or email me at Zaffy@yahoo.com if it is important to all, I'll post it. I prefer PM for game issues.

6. Do not edit your posts!!

7. No after death posts, if you must please keep them to a minimum. No revealing any additional information!

8. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE. This is a game, it is meant to be fun. In the course of the game your words will be twisted, misinterpreted, taken in various contexts, it important to realize that the group of players here are generally good natured and mean nothing by it. Do not take anything said in game by anyone to be a personal attack or insult. If you feel that you are being personally attacked or insulted let me know.

9. In the case that unforeseen circumstances arise, I reserve the right to alter, or amend rules in order to maintain the game as needed.

Specific Game Mechanics:

Townies: You win when all of the evil players are eliminated. Good spirits may communicate in a private thread (provided by me). Good spirits will send in the investigations each night. If no good spirits are participating (ie. no investigation PM to me at nightfall) then I will randomly choose who is investigated.

(>1) Innocents: You are equipped with EMF scanners, EVP recorders, Ultraviolet/Infrared Cameras. Don’t get excited, because all of this gear probably does nothing at all. Your only power is to cast a vote each night. If you are killed you will become a good spirit.

(1) Doctor: You have the skill to save a life, but you have to get there fast. You can protect one player from death (except by lynch) each night. Because you have a pure heart, you may privately communicate with the psychic if you are found. Upon your death, if you could communicate with the psychic you may continue to do so, otherwise you will become a good spirit.

(1) Psychic: You have the ability to feel the presence and emotions of spirits. Each night you will be given investigation results as chosen by the good spirits.

(1) Exorcist: Once during the game you may give the last rights for a lynch victim. If the lynch victim is scum, then their dead soul will be saved and go to generic-afterlife-paradise. They will still be allowed to participate in scum-chat after death, but their soul will not count as an evil soul for purposes of random events. Use it carefully. If you are found by the Psychic you may privately communicate. Upon your death, if you could communicate with the psychic you may continue to do so, otherwise you will become a good spirit.

Scum: You win when your population is greater than or equal to the population of townies. Each night you will be murder one player and investigate one player and have their alignment revealed to you. The souls of the Doctor, Exorcist and Psychic are pure, so you will know they are a PR, but not which one.

(1) Prime Evil: You are possessed by an evil presence. You may communicate with other evil players. You have a one time hit that you may use at nightfall in addition to your regular team hit. Upon your death you will become an evil spirit, you may continue to communicate with the other evil players.

(>1) Regular Evil: You are possessed by an evil presence. You carry the same gear as the vanilla townies. You may communicate with other evil players. Upon your death you will become an evil spirit, you may continue to communicate with the other evil players.

Random events:
Throughout the game, Random events may or may not occur. The likelihood of random events happening depends on the number and type of spirits in play at the time of the random event. It is possible for multiple events to happen on the same night or for none to happen at all.

Zaffy

Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Player list: (18)

AnniesNotOk
Biohazard
captaincaveman9
DangerDoll
dirtydawg10
Fishfriend1
I Love Mollies
IceH2O
J double R
Johnlarson66
Kashta
Lab_rat
Lady G
Madcrawdad
[AC] Maelstrom
Noodles62
Rich311k
the wizard

All roles were assigned randomly.

Zaffy

Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
The ACVille Tin Foil Factory had seen better days. In its heyday, it was the most state of the art tinfoil production facility the world had ever seen. Unfortunately, as aluminum became more available after the second great cichlid war, the old tin foil factory began to lose its shine. In efforts to cut costs and stay competitive with the newer and cheaper aluminum foil cartels, the factory managers began to cut corners and look the other way on safety. It was only a matter of time before the bubble burst. After a string of workplace accidents; including workers being crushed into tin rolls, falling into molten vats and even sabotage from the aluminum manufacturers, the old tin foil factory had to be shut down.

The shady past of the old factory still lives in memory today. Those who once worked in the loud halls of the factory insist that the place is haunted by the souls of those who toiled and died there. Children know to stay clear of the rusted old gate and the broken windows that line its faded and cracked walls.

A group of ghost hunters have come to find out the truth about the old factory. But be warned, you should tread lightly in case you find what it is you are looking for. Muhuhauauaa….*cough*…*choke*.. uhahuauha….

Game On!
First night fall will happen at 7:00pm (AC time) on Wednesday April 21st.

Zaffy

Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Just a quick reminder, I won't be around much today. I'm hoping there aren't any issues, but if there are please be patient.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
haha.... I didn't know we were doing roll call either... ok, here...

btw... I have off this week so I won't be able to post until after 5 or so, unless it's sporatically during the day at best...

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
:woot:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store