should my anemone be moved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blackthunda77

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
deveation.web1000.com
i just bought a sebae anemone yesterday, acclimated him and the dropped him in roughly in to front where there is most light. when i turned off the lights that night he started moving and this morning i found him in the back left corner kinda of squezzed between a rock and up against my glass. hsould i move it or should i let him go whereever he wants till he settles? also i have a maroon clown and i know they r the most adoptive clowns for many anemones in captivity, about how long will it take for him to decide if he wants to move in. he used to have his own spot on the right of the tank but now he seems to hover rightabove the new anemone and picking at food that falls into the anemone. good sign or no?? lastly i know its been dyed, the anemone, cuz its yellow, what should i do to help it recover. should i feed it peices of fish and clams?? till it gets its color back??....anyways thats what i read on here before so im just conferming.

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Captive raised clowns may never host in a Anemone, thier not required as well. Also dont move the Anemone yourself or you might kill it (they are very fragile)

RothChyld

AC Members
Feb 16, 2003
Tampa, FL
www.cboss.com
So far my Maroon has been in my bubble, hammer, flowerpot, and now recently I dropped a condy in there and thats his new home. He seems to not really care. I would give him a day or two. If he is not in there he may never go but I am willing to bet he does.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Do not move the anenome--and start doing some research on their care. They tend to have very short lives, especially in new tanks. The clown may or may not accept it as a host--but either way, the clown has no need for an anenome. It will move on it's own, and any further handling will just stress it more.

For feeding--provide it with a single meal every 2-3 days. Something meaty--raw shrimp, raw fish, silversides--most will be accepted readily. The dying should fade eventually, and since it is likely bleached, the lighting is probably not going to help it out--it's likely lost all of zooanthellae. Sometimes they will adopt new ones, but only if there are suitable ones available from other photosynthetic animals.

Orion

AC Members
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by blackthunda77
i just bought a sebae anemone yesterday, acclimated him and the dropped him in roughly in to front where there is most light. when i turned off the lights that night he started moving and this morning i found him in the back left corner kinda of squezzed between a rock and up against my glass. hsould i move it or should i let him go whereever he wants till he settles? also i have a maroon clown and i know they r the most adoptive clowns for many anemones in captivity, about how long will it take for him to decide if he wants to move in. he used to have his own spot on the right of the tank but now he seems to hover rightabove the new anemone and picking at food that falls into the anemone. good sign or no?? lastly i know its been dyed, the anemone, cuz its yellow, what should i do to help it recover. should i feed it peices of fish and clams?? till it gets its color back??....anyways thats what i read on here before so im just conferming.
Leave him alone. He will move to a place that is comfortable for him. It is his best chance of recovery. Dye, bleached Sebae anemone have very low likely hood of recovery in aquarium. Give it light, and small feeding every few days and hope for the best. You may need to protect it from fish that take food away from it.

I would never buy a dyed anemone. It is just pointless killing of these anemone and reward people who do this horible thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store