Feeding Rotifers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
I'm about to start a rotifer culture. Based on what I've read, these critters need to be fed every 2-5 hours (depending on the source).

Is anyone growing rotifers and if so, how do you handle this and include sleep and a job?

ToeJam

MMORPG ADDICT!!
Jan 9, 2009
Tacoma,WA
I'm about to start a rotifer culture. Based on what I've read, these critters need to be fed every 2-5 hours (depending on the source).

Is anyone growing rotifers and if so, how do you handle this and include sleep and a job?
I had asked a dose question a while back...and i read about the auto dose things.

It can be used to feed to ...liquid type foods....my only concern is some of my foods require refrigeration...still not the point.

Maybe you should look into a dosing unit and see what foods you can put into the containers to squirt in the water every few hours.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
To go along with what TJ was saying, I'm thinking of something along the lines of an AquaLifter pump on a timer to auto-dose the food for them. As long as you set it up so that it won't siphon one way or the other, it should be relatively inexpensive and reliable.

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
You know what would work well? A medical IV unit. That way the drip can be controlled pretty easily.

Actually, the more I think of it, just a simple air-pump hose with a micro ball valve on the end should work.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store