Phytoplankton

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
So I bought live phytoplankton and it was just delivered today. I want to start my culture, but I think I forgot to order food for them. Duh...

Anyway, this is what I bought. I have a few days of keeping them in the refrigerator before I have to act. Wondering what I need to buy. There's not a lot of literature online about this, nor were there directions with or on the bottle or on the manufacturer's website.

Apparently I purchased the results of someone else's culture. My assumption, though, is that I can use this to start a new culture since it is live. I guess I just need some food for it. Can someone help me out with this? I have all of the mechanical equipment; just wondering about the food.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
It pretty much consists of 12-18 hour lighting (some species vary on photoperiod preferences), good media (I prefer Guillard's), and staying on top of the culture/"cutting" it when necessary. Probably the easiest thing to possibly culture, but difficult without the proper things in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store