Flame paradise fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I was at my favorite LFS (Petworld in Lawrence, KS), and they had more paradise fish than I'd ever seen (spiketailed, albino, black, and flame).

Anyone ever seen flame paradise fish before? Very cool looking. Anyone know anything about them? I assume they're a line bred color of the standard paradise fish, but they could also be a hybrid of the black paradise fish and the standard paradise fish.

Just curious...I love paradise fish, and these guys were new to me.

Here's a pic from thatpetplace.com (not a very good pic - the LFS fish looked much nicer)

Eric

Jackd

AC Members
Jul 16, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I got some and they are very cool. I have a batch of fry from them right now. Found mine at Aquariums Etc. in KCK. I am a big fish hobbyist in the KC area. Nice to see a fellow KC fish keeper on the forum.

Jack

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
JackD - that's where I got my new black paradisefish (see the black paradisefish thread). Aquariums Etc. was a way cool store...I'd never been there before. They still had flames, but the flames were larger and I've read M. spechti is a little more peaceful and I was putting the black paradisefish in my community tank to eat small platy fry.

I have my black paradisefish in with two spiketailed paradisefish, 2 honey gouramis, several variatus platys, and 5 harlequin rasboras. I'll have to see how it all works out.

My avatar is my new black paradisefish...shorter in length than my spiketaileds which are less than 2". It's small enough I'm still not sure if it's a juvenile male or a female...only time will tell.

Eric

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
I got some and they are very cool. I have a batch of fry from\

Do you still have any of those flame paradise? If so, would you sell any?
Thanks,
Bill
ummm this is a really old thread AND its not even a for sale thread.......... please look at the dates and the section you are in before replying to a thread...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store