White Fluffy Stuff on Oranda Goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

j402

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
My Oranda GOldfish has some white fluffy stuff on his head, What is it? I have put him in QT for now. Is he sick? I have uploaded video, Hope you guys can make it out from video?
what should i do? Please Help?
My main tank is 40Gal (about 7 months), I checked water is good. NH3, NO2, NO3, PH etc. all fine..
I have three Goldfish(1 Oranda and 2 Fantail) in there but only this oranda is showing this kind of sign.
Here is the link of the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJM2QzqPGM

Thanks in advance...

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Juvenile orandas from time to time get spots on their wens that look kind of like this. They can also get small patches of bacterial infection in the folds of their wens. In each case that mine has had something like this, it has been a single spot and has cleared up on its own. How long has the fish had the spots?

iamvictor2k

AC Members
Jan 19, 2010
tennessee
Juvenile orandas from time to time get spots on their wens that look kind of like this. They can also get small patches of bacterial infection in the folds of their wens. In each case that mine has had something like this, it has been a single spot and has cleared up on its own. How long has the fish had the spots?
a safe bacterial treatment that wont hurt any thing is tea tree oil. i got mine from wallmart on the discount rack for a buck. either way it is a bacterial. and if it isnt and dosent start to go away within 3 days you didnt hurt or stress the fish in any way.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
what size are the fish?
40 gal is not enough room for these guys,..they need many frequent water changes as the bio load is great for these guys at even half grown,.. up water changes as to keep water extra clean,..

i empty 85% of my 90 gallon few times every week,.. plus really overfiltering,. and still can't keep up on them,..lol

even my 55 gal with baby orandas same water change routine they are just messy poopers,..

hope all goes well with him.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store