Mbuna Vacation Pond (PS. Demasoni)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
OK so i opened my Malawi above ground Vacation pond today. Here is the skinny on this, I open my seasonal pond up in late April, let the pond cycle for 3 weeks and then i place a goldfish in the pond, if the water perimeters are fine and the goldfish is happy he is then placed in my Goldfish pond and i introduce a species of Mbuna for a summer long of vacation of breeding and at the end of the summer right before fall i empty the pond and pull out all fish..

This years theme is Demasoni i also have some small Livingstoni not sure if these will go in because they can be potentially fry killers on the Demasoni when they mature, I may go with a second species not sure what will mesh with the Demasoni, this pond is close to 500gal so the sky is the limit with small Mbuna.. I have learned that too many species of Mbuna, they will turn on the fry and yield a small amount of survivors..

Last year i did Peacocks results were not good only about 10 fry were pulled out but the good thing is that the adults colors were amazing and were sold at great prices..

Food is abundant with bug life and Mosquito larva was plenty i also added veggies as a staple as well, cucumber slices from the garden with additional pellets that i feed my Goldfish pond..

Here are some photos of the open, i will add more as i progress.. Also some Goldfish pond Photos as well..

Vacation Pond
View attachment 126229

View attachment 126230

View attachment 126231

View attachment 126232

View attachment 126233

View attachment 126234

View attachment 126235

Goldfish Pond
View attachment 126236

View attachment 126237

View attachment 126238

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
This is what it will eventually look like with the plants..

004.JPG

004.JPG

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Good luck with the Dems, Pitt!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name