emaciated gecko help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well sort of inherited this leopard gecko from a friends (good guy just horrible with with pets). it's really young and really malnourished i put some small crickets in with him but still worried about him eating any help would be appreciated.

edit: also mods could some one change the tile of this thread fro geckos to gecko

Last edited:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I would run out and get some wax worms if I were you. They sell them at most Petsmarts and Petcos. They are very high in fat and are great for fattening up geckos. When your gecko shows signs that it's getting some weight back start introducing crickets again since some geckos can get addicted to wax worms. Also I'm sure it's a bit dehydrated so make sure it has a shallow dish of water at all times.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
ok thanks for the waxworm suggestion i'll see what my LFS has tomorrow. if thay don't have it ill have to drive to Dayton or Muncie, Vicious do you have ant other suggestions.

If you can't find wax worms then dusted crickets will have to do. Is it eating anything for you now? If that gecko doesn't want to eat you might have to force feed it something like baby food.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
If you can't find wax worms then dusted crickets will have to do. Is it eating anything for you now? If that gecko doesn't want to eat you might have to force feed it something like baby food.
so far i haven't seen him eat anything how do you force feed a gecko also how what type of baby food do you suggest?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store