To buy or not to buy?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
There is a 14g Biocube tank for sale at a local store with filter, heater, and power compact lighting included! Its original price was over $200 but its now marked down to $62 because there aren't many people in my area interested in nano tanks. The store employee told me that they've had it for weeks and keep marking the price down hoping someone will take it. I'm really very tempting to get it, because it's an outrageously good deal. However, I've been working on my 55g FW and mostly my 90g SW reef lately. I've also been designing a 160g custom tank for my husband who's obsessed with lionfish. I know I have a lot of fish friendly projects going on already and it would be a long time before I was able to get the Biocube up and running... But is it too good a deal to pass up? :goldfish:

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
i'd take it lol

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Give it another week. If it's gone, then some poor but lucky fishkeeper got a big break and you can feel noble for giving them the chance.

If it's still there, grab that puppy. :) After checking everything out to make sure it works of course. Scowl at the clerk and mutter darkly to the effect that "there must be something wrong with it or it wouldn't be selling so cheap." Maybe they will knock off an extra few bux, who knows. :)

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Give it another week. If it's gone, then some poor but lucky fishkeeper got a big break and you can feel noble for giving them the chance.

If it's still there, grab that puppy. :) After checking everything out to make sure it works of course. Scowl at the clerk and mutter darkly to the effect that "there must be something wrong with it or it wouldn't be selling so cheap." Maybe they will knock off an extra few bux, who knows. :)
I'm not a very good scowling, but i wonder if they would lower the price even more in another week. Shoot last week it was at $120, so it's been marked down a couple times already!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
could also buy it and flip it for a higher price...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Id take it!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Biocubes are being redesigned and new models should be out soon. Probably part of the reson they are discounting it. $60 for that tank is a great price and they have to be taking a bath on the tank already. If you like the store, buy it so you both win.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store