tank getting low on snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
what do I use to supplement my clown loaches with, I have shrimp pellets and bottom feed pellets with veggies and shrimp, any other suggestions?

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
My guys will eat just about anything...flake, frozen, Fresh. zuchini(blanched), dried mysis shrimp, dried bloodworms, dried tubiflex(sp) worms, shrimp pellets. Thank God they're not fussy, at all. Sometimes at first when you introduce something new, they're afraid of it but once they realize it's edible, it's full speed ahead :evil_lol:.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I had the same problem with my puffer and sids in my community tank. Between them and the assassin snails, they just about wiped out the snail population ! I had to buy some snails. Now I keep them in a "snail friendly" tank (no puffers, sids or assassins !). Once a week or so I just take some out and put them in the community tank. Works great so far. And, my LFS will give me all the snails I want. Good luck.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Don't forget frozen bloodworms! Ken's earthworm pellets are also a favorite but they eat everything. I don't feed tubifex in any form, they can carry nasty stuff I'm not convinced is killed by freeze drying or anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store