Some updated pics of my Spiny Tailed Monitors

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Just in case you aren't bored yet.......here are some more pics!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Awesome photos! Looks like they are in a pretty big cage. Very neat.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Awesome photos! Looks like they are in a pretty big cage. Very neat.
Thanks. It's a 50 gallon breeder. It's ok for now but I really need to start working on the larger enclosure I plan on building for them. My female is starting to cycle for the first time so she's going to need the space to lay eggs with in the next month or so.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
aw there cute together how tame are thay (relatively speaking)
Well I hardly ever hold them unless I need to remove them from the tank for cleaning. I consider them and most of my reptiles display animals. But they do trust me and don't mind me working in their tank. They have never once tried to bite or tail whip me.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Wow. Amazing beautiful creatures. You could open up your won zoo and charge admission!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
Well I hardly ever hold them unless I need to remove them from the tank for cleaning. I consider them and most of my reptiles display animals. But they do trust me and don't mind me working in their tank. They have never once tried to bite or tail whip me.
so basically what i was expecting about the handling but it's gawsome thay trust you that much.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
they look like a sack of potatos!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks guys! If you ever want to get into the world of Varanids these guys are a great species to start with. Since they are a dwarf monitor they stay under 2 feet in length and most of that is tail anyways. It's just a shame they are somewhat rare in captivity and the species that are cheap and obtainable are Niles and Savannas which get very big and are definitely not for beginners.

With luck in a couple months I'll have babies for sale so stay tuned. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store