which do you prefer: maroon or percula

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
just seeing which speices you guys like best. my tank is almost done cycleing, but im not sure what to get? any advice would be great. eventually, i would like to have some cardinal's, dwarf angels, chocolate chip star, hermit crabs, and maybe a coral banded shrimp, if that helps :)

thanx

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
MAROONS! They are deff agressive... but I think I was lucky mine comes to the top when I feed it and it took a liking to a small one and the large clown feeds the smaller flakes. Which is probably what percula's would do but maroons have great colors. It's your prefrence though, get what you like and what you can give a good home.

LT1OwnzYou

AC Members
Nov 28, 2003
Lawrenceville, Ga
atlstreetdemonz.com
Perculas. In my experience they have been harder to keep, but definitly a passive, attraction to ur tank. I have a clarkii that is about 2" long and i wish i never bought that sucker. Meanest fish in my tank. If u even stick ur hand in there he attacks it.
Try to find a team of clown and anenome, really fascinating to watch em.

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Remember chocolate chip starfish will eat anything in the aquarium they can catch, a small chocolate chip wont pose a big problem to any inverts like shimp and snails, but bigger ones will make a snack out of any slow moving inverts (especially mollusks like snails and clams), corals and live rock (putting corals with a Chocolate chip is setting up a buffet line), so its something to take into consideration.

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
I have a maroon, not agressive at all. He is about 3 inches long, and very reclusive. His tank mates are a Flame Angel and a 6 Line Wrasse.

I wanted a Gold Stripe Maroon, but the LFS didn't have any the day I was shopping and I ended up really liking this little guy.

I also have 3 small 29gallon tanks with 2 pairs of False Perculas and a pair of Maroons in hopes of breeding them. It has been a good 5 months now however, and no breeding has taken place.

Guy

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
(oooops, i have gold strip sorry, they're beautiful. i just said i had maroon earlier)

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
thanx for your opinions guys. so, would maroons go with the fish i listed? i dont plan on keeping corals, and not an abundance of liverock either. which do you think are prettier? and which have more or a "personality".?

thanx

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store