Metaframe Madness!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
Scored this beautiful 5 gallon today on CL. Paid $5.00 for it. barely a scratch on it anywhere. I'm looking forward to leak testing it, and resealing if necesary. Just had to share this with some folks who might actually care (more than my wife does!) I'm thinking a betta in this one,...or maybe some micro-rasboras. As an aside, I've only seen these stamped with the Metaframe Logo with the words Value Line beneath the logo. This tank has the Logo with "Deluxe" engraved beneath it. Would anyone happen to know the difference between the "Value Line" and the "Deluxe"? Just curious.
Andy

metaframe.JPG

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
is that slate bottom? looks to be in great shape!

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
That certainly is a slate bottom and it's in what I'd describe as excellent condition.
This is now my second Metaframe, the other being a really nice 10 gallon that's currently running in my living room.

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Really nice. Didn't the Deluxe refer to the stainless lid that came with some of the old Metaframes? I am straining my memory, and could be wrong, but that may have been the case-- although I have never seen one on a five. Nice little tank!

oowl

AC Members
Sep 5, 2008
Here's my little 16g MetaFrame project tank. It's been set up about two months now. Unlike yours, my glass was in bad shape when I acquired the tank so I had to replace all panes (including a bottom glass over the slate bottom so we'd get a better glass-to-glass seal on the silicone). I found a little vintage seahorse aquarium ornament too. Inhabitants are Neon Tetras, Pygmy cories, a Honey Gourami, and Green Dragon Bristlenose

MF6weeksold.jpg

jeninok

AC Members
Sep 3, 2008
I so wish I could find one of these tanks, it would look SO good in my kitchen or bathroom with the stainless steel fixtures and appliances!!!

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Very nice, i love the old metaframes, i have a 5 gallon also and what i believe to be a 15 though it may be a 16.

Fishfamily_MA

AC Members
Apr 13, 2010
Saugus, MA
We have a 20 gallon Metaframe up and running now. I love the old school look. I saw a 10 gallon for sale last Sunday at the Todd farm Fleamarket in Rowley, MA for $10.00.

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I liken these tanks to automobiles of the 50's and 60's. They had some style and class compared to the pretty much cookie-cutter look of today. Believe it or not, I just scored another one of these today. It's a 2.5 gallon slate bottomed Metaframe. I think I'm going to put a Betta in it. Now I have the 2.5, 5 and 10 gallon. Hunt's on for a 20!
OOWL- Nice looking tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store