Unkonwn disease on koi!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TankHobbyist

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
THE LAST FEW DAYS MY KOI HAS BEEN SWIMING UP TWARDS THE SHALOW END OF THE POND SO THDAY I REMOVED HIM AND PLACED IT IN A QT TANK THAT IS WHEN I SAW THIS

IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS PLEASE HELP ME IT IS A BIG POND WITH LOTS OF FISH PLEASE HELP!!

528.JPG 529.JPG

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Did you find out what was wrong with your koi? I have pond fish also, and like to know what to look out for with my own fishies.
Thanks,
Jen

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
looks like he is wormy,.. being so skinny,.. perhaps not getting enough food,..

how big is big pond? how many is a lot of fish? guesstimate?

TankHobbyist

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
sadly we lost the fish but a estimate is 25 in like a 60,000 gallon buyt i also dont think it was black spot he had a white/ green fuz on him

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
I am sorry your little one didn't make it, and hope everyone else in your pond is well.
I had a shubunkin that developed white and green fuzz as a secondary infection on an injury. It is called saprolegnia (sp? pretty sure I butchered that) which is always in a pond, but normally doesn't hurt strong, healthy fish. Kind of like how staph bacteria are everywhere, but only cause people staph infections if they have an injury, etc. It will come on if the fish is weakened or injured. I had to treat it with malachite green to cure it. Worked great, and the fish recovered fully. Might be worth looking up and seeing if it sounds like what your guy had.
Jen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store