FS Marmorkrebs / marble crayfish, Norcal, USPS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
I have a tank full of marbled crayfish again, and it's time to send some on their way.
These are very peaceful crayfish, they rarely battle each other, and the only time i've seen one even posture at a fish is when the fish was trying to eat it's antenna.
They do eat some plants, so not the best for a planted tank.

They can reproduce from a single crayfish, no partner needed.
Between that and their wide range of acceptable temps and water conditions (they reproduce from 40*f to 95*f, and live from 33*f to 100ish), they are a large environmental risk, if you buy some please have a plan for the inevitable offspring. You don't want these characters taking over the world!

Because they reproduce quickly and easily, they are fantastic for feeders and such.

I have sizes between 3" (a few) to 1" (lots), there are at least a dozen in the ~2" range, probably more.
They start reproducing around 1.5-2", 15-45 eggs per batch (bigger crayfish = more eggs).

Pictures are available, though due to their nature of reproduction every crayfish looks almost exactly the same. You can have your very own clone army!

They will be shipped Monday mornings, in gas permeable bags, via USPS priority mail.
My success rate is extremely high, the only fatalities i have had in four dozen crayfish are two where the bag failed. Since then, every crayfish gets double bagged.

All prices are US $ shipped to the lower states.

1 crayfish: $10
2 crayfish: $15
3 crayfish: $18
4 crayfish: $22
5 crayfish: $30 (five requires a larger box).
6 crayfish: $32
7 crayfish: $36
8 crayfish: $40

EDIT:
These will be for sale until it gets cold come winter, assuming i don't run out.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
The basic color is the same on every one, as they're clones.
However the shade does change slightly based on what they're eating when they're building that particular shell, and as the shell ages it gets bluer.
Google has thoughtfully coughed up a couple pictures, the first is the extreme blue end of things, and the other is much more common coloration:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ive read that it also depends on color, when i got mine it was a slight brownish, and turned blue. i read this is effected by the PH and hardnest, soft low ph is brown shell, hard high ph is blue shell, im not sure if this is true or not, but it seems to be in my case.

if your going to buy one, definatly buy from bob, i bought mine from him quite awhile back and i am very pleased, the he sent was huge.

word of warning though, they will eat fish if given the oportunity, mine was in a growout with some Apistogramma macmasteri fry, and in a matter of days all 14 of them disappeared.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting! That's the first I've heard of 'em eating fish, thanks for the heads up.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
they only eat what they can catch. so sluggish bottom feeders and stuff beware.

laudy000

AC Members
Jan 6, 2009
I used to think they didnt bother fish, but I have two in my 150, and all 14 of my kuhli loaches disappeared in the tiime of about 2 months.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
Alright, it's been pointed out to me that I'm being undercut rather severely, so here is the new pricing structure.

Knock $2/crayfish off the prices up on top for guaranteed live (i will refund per dead crayfish, as an example if you order four and one arrives dead, i will refund 25%).

If you don't want the guarantee, $1.25 per crayfish plus best guess of real USPS shipping. There will be multiple crayfish per bag, these guys are pretty peaceful but that can still be an issue.
1-2 crayfish should ship for $6 or so.
3-8 should fit a $11 flatrate box.
9-16ish should fit a $15 flatrate box.

Berried crayfish are available when i have some, for $8 each plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store