Need IDs on 2 pictures!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Can you ID the items I found at the LFS? Sorry if the photos are a bit blurry, had to take them with my camera phone!

unknown coral 1.jpg anemone.jpg

Markushka

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
NW New Jersey
The first one is definitely some sort of plate coral (fungia spp.) looks like a short tentacle plate. the other could be a ric, but i'm not sure at all, need a better pic.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
dangit i should always take my good camera with me when i travel :(

Edit: on the first picture i did notice it had some sort of short little arms on it but they weren't really extending. The second I think was labeled as an anemone but it didn't specify which? If that helps? Can anyone tell if they even look healthy whatever they are?

Markushka

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
NW New Jersey
The plate looks good imo. Its a really cool colour. how much is it going for?

If that is a nem, it looks bleached, could be a sebae or a carpet could be even what they call a maxi mini carpet. If it's a nem i'd avoid it without a good ID.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I'm really leaning toward the first picture one, but I try to never buy something without knowing what it is and doing a serious amount of research first. My first step was to find some IDs. They just got both in today i think so the tags weren't even posted yet, which is why I didn't have any verification on what they were. But I think they usually sell their frags for $25-$56 depending on sizing and type.

I wish the photos had turned out better. They both had these mouth like things in their center and on the first photo one the mouth is really bright!

Are you fairly certain the one is a plate coral?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
1st Pic:Fungia Sp. Perhaps F. repanda???

2nd Pic: At first looked like pearl coral, Physogyra lichtensteini but never had one on the substrate.

Markushka

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
NW New Jersey
yes 100% on the fungia ID

here's a pic of a similar one

I haven't seen many blue ones like that one (then again i've not looked into buying fungia) If its 25ish I'd jump on that! (or how about you ship it to me :D)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store