Hitchhiker ID please?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Did anyone ever ID this image on the Hitchhiker thread? I tried to find out what it was but maybe missed the reply? Anyway I borrowed the photo because I can't get a clear one of what I got. What I have is tube-like thingies (technical I know) coming out of several areas in my LR. They look almost exactly like this except I havent seen any little polyp type heads, just the white tube. They seem to be spread out rather sporadically on my rock. Any ideas? I have quite a few.

help.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Are they sponges? Is there sort of a dome shape or base coming up and the tube extends from there? What color(s)?

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
They are all white tubes that are bigger at the base and taper up at the ends. Nothing seems to be coming out the end of the tubes, but they are all growing singularly in different areas of the rockwork. They only have one opening.

I think i have some kind of white sponge growing on one of my turbo snail's shells too, but that one is different looking.

Markushka

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
NW New Jersey
it does not look like a tunicate to me, however I have no idea what it could be, never saw something like that before. where is your rock imported from?

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
it's bugging the crap out of me that i cant figure it out. i've been searching for hours and found nothing even close!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store