Baitcaster

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaluden

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
For what price range? baitcasters are all over the board, then do you want a low profile or the larger one? what are you using it to catch? what kind of line/size of line are you planning on running?

I have been looking into this myself, Abu Garcia seems to be pretty well excepted, except the black and silver max, those seem to be a fail from all the reviews i have read.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Last edited:

webbie

AC Members
May 21, 2005
just got a revo sx from abu garcia it kicks ***! plus with the order of i think its $160+ you get a free set of 120 sunglasses so cant beat that.

MarquesKanvide

Registered Member
Aug 12, 2010
Baitcaster is really great because you can use it in different types of fishing. When you use a baitcaster reel, there is no obstacle to stop the line from coming off the reel (other then your thumb). When this happens too fast, it becomes a nightmare.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I use an Abu Garcia 6500 for all-around SW and FW fishing. It's easy to use and clean, and it holds a lot of line. You can usually find them for between $75 and $90.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store