Algea Eater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipgate

AC Members
Mar 4, 2010
We got a small algea eater (not sure of the type) a few months ago and he is literally 10x bigger now. He has grown from under an inch to over 4 inches long. We got another of a different type at the same time but that one is still about the same size.

Well this one is harrassing the pleco now and we noticed the pleco's dorsal fin is split. So for now we put him in our empty 10 gallon nursery tank to decide what to do with him.

I have heard these can get aggressive so I am not sure I want to put him back in the main tank. I hate to just flush him - maybe the pet store will take him?

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
A lot of different fish are sold as "algae eaters." Post pictures, so people can ID the fish and provide useful advice.

Please don't flush the fish; that's cruel. Call the pet store and ask them if they'll take it back.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
:iagree:please post pics of the fish so we can help you accurately identify it. True siamese algae eaters are not mean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store