what kind of shovel do i have

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dpmac10

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Nebraska
Visit site
hey whats up i just bought a shovel nose tonight and he is only about 3 1/2 inhes long mabay four well my Q is how do i tel what kinda or species it is it's kinda scarying me sense some people say that some of them get pretty big and the lfs did't hvae what kidna and didd't no they said it well get about 18 or so but i just want to make sure. how fast do they grow thanks.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
I think we need a little more description of the fish's appearance before we can make a determination of the type of shovelnose it is.

Is it silver with blue stripes? Is it yellow with brown spots? What color are the eyes? That sort of thing....

gravel digger

AC Members
Dec 21, 2002
white plains maryland
Visit site
i would start by just using this site, it has an excellent photo library of various fish including catfish. can you give a quick description of the fish you currently own?????

dpmac10

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Nebraska
Visit site
hello
it is brownish yellow and it has brown spots on it and the eyes look kinda blue his belly is kinda whitich yellow also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store