looking for a bottom dweller for a 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting on here lately. I'm looking for some bottom dwellers for my 10 gallon tank. I tried keeping pygmy corys but didn't have any luck. I have a few live plants in the tank but I mostly have fake plants. I have 3 dwarf gourami's (1 male and 2 females), and a few hitchhiker snails lol. I don't really want to put many more fish in the tank. I'd just like some movement at the bottom part of the tank, since the gourami's mostly swim at the top of the tank. I don't really want to get corys since they like to be in groups. I'd be happy with one or two bottom dwellers. I'm open to all suggestions. But it would be real helpful if they can be found at local pet stores.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
One or two Akysis catfish would be good, but I doubt you'll find any at your lfs. If you want some shipped I have a few extra, and Rachel (msjinkzd) sells them.

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
Maybe a smaller pleco? Possibly shrimp? A small school of kuhlis are always nice :)

How about african dwarf frogs?

NegativeLogic

AC Members
Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
My dwarf gouramis totally ignore my blue pearl shrimp. I think whatever you add should be low bioload - Dwarf Gouramis are pretty deep-bodied fish for their size, and a lot of people do recommend keeping them in a 20 gallon at least.

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
I may go with shrimps. I don't think i'd want snails. I already have quite a few hitchhiker snails in there lol. I don't think my gourami's would bother shrimps at all. i'll have to see what shrimps my pet store can get it. Maybe get one or two ghost shrimps to see how the gourami's do with them before getting anything more expensive.

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
Kuhli Loaches are great. Maylasian Trupet Snail are the best for surfin' the gravel for stuff and keeping it stirred up. (real techno talk there huh?)

Best wishes,
Wes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store