Do you buy live rock/sand/fish online?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Do you buy aquatic products online?

• Yes, anything and everything.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Yes, but not live animals.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Sometimes, but only if I can't find it locally.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, never.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Just wondering how many of you shop for your aquatic supplies online over the LFS? If you do shop online, please feel free to post the sites you find most reliable!

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
You have 2 different questions posted. One is on livestock and one is on products. I won't vote because I buy products online but don't buy livestock because I want to see it in person - make sure it's eating or make sure the color hasn't been modified.

Markushka

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
NW New Jersey
I've bought most of my coral online, from other hobbyists, they tend to have the best stuff at the most reasonable prices, even counting shipping. plus I couldn't get any of that coral locally. haven't bought fish yet, maybe will someday though.

fishiefishie

AC Members
Nov 12, 2006
I have bought fish (both fresh and salt) and inverts from LiveAquaria. I was very pleased with the prices, shipping method and quality. I voted that I buy sometimes when I can't find it here. But I also bought online because their prices were much lower even with shipping.
I've purchased lighting from a business on ebay and I have to say I'm very happy with it, too.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
While it's great to get stuff locally and be able to see it first hand before buying it, I don't have any hesitations about buying from the reputable online vendors. I most frequently buy from other hobbyists online that I find on the various sw forums, but have purchased several corals and fish from the LiveAquaria Diver's Den. Almost all of my dry goods are bought online, and I prefer to order my frozen food online as well.

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i only by from my lfs cause what they don't have i can get them to order it for me and i don't have to pay for shipping..just what i order..and that's for live stock and products both...

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
yay, im the first person to metion KensFish.com!!! they have the best selection, and they have the cheapest prices ive seen.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
You have 2 different questions posted. One is on livestock and one is on products. I won't vote because I buy products online but don't buy livestock because I want to see it in person - make sure it's eating or make sure the color hasn't been modified.
One of the poll options is Yes, but not live animals.
So you could still vote if you so chose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store