New Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brandxman

Registered Member
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering where I could find some good info on the care and feeding of a new Betta fish. My mom just got a X-mas gift that is a plant in a small fish bowl, well the bowl has a Betta in it. Being a salt water guy myself I have no idea if the bowl, less than 1 gal, is really all that good of a place for the Betta to spend its days.

My mom found the Marineland Eclipse System 3 and pretty much fell in love with its looks and size. I've talked her into holding off till we've had a chance to look check into the Betta's needs.

So I guess my question really is.....Is the Marineland Eclipse System 3 a good setup to keep a solo Betta? What special care and info does my mom need to know about her new Betta to help it live a long and happy life.

Thanks for your time
--B

pinballqueen

Roleplayer
Aug 4, 2002
Sevierville, TN
www.hostultra.com
The 3 gallon tank is a great size for a single betta. They are, by and large, a very easy fish to keep. Feed them bloodworms and the food that is made for bettas about every other day, keep up with the tank maintainence, and they'll be happy. Bettas will live for a couple of years if well cared for. Definietly take it out of the plant vase. Those things really suck. (Leave the plant though, it'll thrive just fine without the fish in it...plus, they do look kind of cool with the roots exposed like that...)

Good luck!

Pootspete

AC Members
Jul 26, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
members.tripod.com
Hi brandxman, and welcome to AC.

I agree with PinballQueen with taking the Beta out of the plant vase and putting him in your 3 gallon. He will enjoy it much better in there and your mum too will enjoy seeing him also in his new home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store