disease help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jayrob

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
newcastle nsw
1 of my clowns looks fuzzy,not actually in tufts just fuzzy. it was fine last night, eating really well, no stringy poop,does look like he's yawing sometimes. fed pellets,frozen food mix, frozen mysis and spirulina brine shrimp with garlic guard and vitality for enrichments. not sure if it could be ich, marine velvet or clownfish disease. have added a photo as best as i can get,tell me what you think. thanks

006.JPG 008.JPG 004.JPG

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Can you Q/T for now until more definitive symptoms are displayed?

F/w dip may assist.

Although it could be nothing but from pic #2, I could see extra slime, which can be very common among newly arrived clowns.

Keep us posted with any further development, hopefully not.

jayrob

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
newcastle nsw
new developments- his fins were starting to look like he has fin rot but after watching them periodically discovered his mate is nipping at him regularly which i assume caused the initial damage, he then started swimming with one pectoral fin clamped against his body, never a good sign, so thought i would act before he got too sick to cope with treatment. not sure if i did the wrong thing but i did a formalin dip and returned him to display tank but his mate and the dottyback just started again so removed him to a hospital tank, where i am treating with tri sulpher to prevent further bacteria getting him.He was super stressed and didn't think he would make it through the night, but he did. am going to do a water change and see how he responds. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
I cant say whether you done the right thing or not since I wasnt there. I am just glad you kept that possibility open to yourself.
I feel that you will be your greatest mentor.

We all make mistakes and as long as we learn from our mistakes, I think we will come out ahead.

Keep your mind open and listen to others on new ideas and facts. This doesnt means others are all correct as many factors can influenced the outcome.
And with all the search engine avail w/o heading out to library or Fish Pathology Dept, learning will be/is endless/priceless.
Always reason before Action as I found such practices saved more fish when compared to being trigger happy.

I personally feel that fish are capable of healing minor battle scars on its own in well kept and well aquascaped aquarium. For this reason, I always kept harem of clowns and let then do their thing. With harem, I found no one fish get picked on although always possible. If possible with humans, i guess it is always possible with them too, lol!
Like I said, as needed basis, each has to do whatever they think is best for their fish.

What ever it may be , hope all goes well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store