I just wanted to say hello! Nice to meet my new fish loving friends!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

betafry1

Registered Member
May 14, 2010
Lake Placid, Florida
Hello everyone! I am a new member, and just wanted to introduce myself. I have always loved fish aquariums, and ponds. I had a big gold fish pond a few years ago, and took it out because I couldn't keep the frogs out. There were allot of tree frogs that loved the pond. The problem was; it stayed clogged up with frog eggs, and tad poles. Also they squaked LOUD all night long.... I started a small pond, and that's what got me going with the fish again. I bought 4 Koi, from a local breeding farm. Low, and behold they layed eggs in the pond. I watched for babies, never saw any. So I figured there was probably no male in the group. I had a plant that was pulled up from the bottom of my pond, so I put it in a small bird bath next to the pond; until I had time to replant it. It was in there for a week or so. I was getting ready to clean out the bird bath, and saw something swimming in it. At first I thought it was a bug, with closer inspection I realized it was a baby Koi. I Couldn't imagine how it had gotten in there. Actually there were 4 still alive. I had removed the plant earlier that week, and had forgotten about it being in the bird bath. Finally I put 2 and 2 together, and figured out the eggs were stuck to the plant when I put it in the bird bath. And you know how it is, one fish leads to another lol... So now I just seceeded in breeding my bettas, and have never raised Bettas before. I didn't realize that the betta fry were so small. Too small to eat the Brine shrimp I hatched for them. They are one day old, and tomorrow I will have to feed them something. I ordered Vinegar eels, and micro worms, but they haven't arrived. So I will try boiled egg yolk. I put some grass in that I had growing in an antique bath tub in the yard. Other stuff is growing on it, so I'm hoping they can eat off of it too. Any advice?

david mcgregor

AC Members
Mar 29, 2010
awa right man warm welcome fay bonnie scotland

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
:welcome: Would love to see pics of your pond and Bettas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store