It started with a phone call........ Drumroll please !!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jim in Michiana

Tanganyikan Lover
Feb 23, 2009
LaPorte, Indiana
It started in December with me making a phone call about a CL ad....... Some guy near Milwaukee had some tanks for sale.... So I rented a truck and loaded my Wife and pug and decided to take a drive....

And the guy wasn't lying when he said he a a "boatload" of tanks.....

So I dragged home a bunch........... and the "FUN" began !!!! Here's the blank canvas.........

Framing underway.......

Insulation in place..........

Sheathed in.............

Painted..........

Racks being built.........

More rack building.........

Those were some "rough" looking tanks.........

But I love it when a plan comes together !!!!!!!!

A view from the entrance..........

Looking thru the 125g at the fishroom...........

The "Long wall".............

The "Short wall"................

The "Other wall"............

Looking at the 125g again....... This time from the other side........

The insulation paid off well........ This is what I use to heat the room/tanks......... 1500W heater and fan keep the room at 80+ degrees, and the tanks between 76-78....... A couple smaller fans help distribute the air evenly in the room.........

First residents !!!!!!!

The whole room runs off a 1/10hp Gast blower !!!!! Water changes are un-necessary because I have installed a drip system w/metering restrictors and timer...... I change out 10-15% of each tanks water daily without lifting a finger !!!!!

It was a LOT of work to get to this point, but with much help from my loving Wife, the dream is finally becoming a reality. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me in getting to this point.

Thanks, Jim

Zbbal

AC Members
Jul 9, 2009
Sevierville, TN
I want to cry. It's so beautiful.

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
OMG you are the luckiest person alive! I'd love to have that fish room!

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
This thread just got bumped up to the freakin coolest thread ever. Wow, Jim you sure did pour a lot of work into that room and it looks awesome! I also like seeing sponge filters in every tank, that's the way to do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store