freshwater hobbist considering trying saltwater.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
like the title says i am all about me some freshwater and not just bettas like my sig says. i was mulling over things and looking at live aquaria and got to looking at the clowns... now im wondering..... could i keep a single clown and a little live rock in lets say a 3 gal pico or a 3 gal deco or would i need bigger? do i need to keep them in pairs? would i need a cleaner shrimp?? or could i have one (i love shrimp)?? pretty much any question you can think of associated with this setup or if it is even possible... also i saw what i assume is a tiny goby of some sort and it was so cute... could he be there to?? i feel like this is going to be slightly annoying for yall to read lol but anything you have to imput will be appreciated! :D

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
never mind... im thinking the deco would make a great little tank for a couple FW nano fish. i only want a clown and they require much more space so its a no go lol

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
I think the adventurism of any hobbyist is of great value to that which he/she pursues. A wonderful idea of anyone who would expand the knowledge of varying aspects of a given hobby.

Go for it(if you have the resources)

-Aaron

kingken

AC Members
Apr 18, 2010
What you could do in a 3 gallon is a bit of live rock, and rather then a clownfish, a clown goby, they are very small, and look relatively similar to a clownfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store