Stocking list for 90g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

midmichman80

AC Members
Aug 17, 2008
Hi all, I am nearing the point where the fish goes in the tank and was wondering what fish should go in first out of the list I've chosen to go in the tank. In no particular order:

Yellow tang
Mandarin dragonette
Purple lyretail anthias (4-6)
Laboute's fairy wrasse
Randall's pistol shrimp/goby pair and
possibly a clown/anenome pair too but still on the fence

I don't think I am overstocked by any means and could probably add fish to the list, but would rather stick to this right now and plan on a pick up much later in the tank's life, what do you all think? I know the mandarin will be the last fish introduced so I can continue to build my already impressive pod colony.

Stats:
90g with 20g sump(fuge)
4" sand bed and
140-150lbs of live rock

Thanks for any input or information.

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
I am not sure why no one has answered you, but you need to do some research. A dragonette is not even a possibility for a least a year IMO. My tank was two years old and crawling with "bugs" the dragonette cleaned it out in two months then died.

least aggressive fish first!

Build and add slowly!

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
I had mine when my tank was less then a year old, a pair acctually. Of course it was only a 55g and they cleaned out the tank of all pods really quick, but they both took up frozen foods really quick.

Another option instead of frozen was to buy/raise live pods and just dump them in.
The really bad thing about them though is if they get harassed by otherfish, they release like a milky substance that could cloud up your tank.

If you decide to get it, talk with your lfs and see how they feed it. If doing live foods is too much of a hassle for you, make sure it takes frozen at the store first.

Beware of clown+anemones! Read on these. Many stories out there about anemones eating up expensive fish, and at times then the clown will scoop up other fish and dump them in the anemone.

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
Sorry for double post, but I was rereading topics and noticed that my last post was a bit confusing.

I was talking about the dragonettes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store