Wife home from cancer treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Since we have been back home after finishing the first round of treatments I have been managing time to do things at home as well as be a full time caregiver for my wife of 27 years. But we had to drop everything and get to the hospital emergency becasue a lung had collapsed. Now re-inflated doing well and waiting for healing before a new treatment assessment can be made. But she is comfortable and not in pain, and God willing this just a set back from treatment and a chance at extended quality of life here.

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
The care you give is never wasted and you'll see that a positive attitude, and a happy lifestyle will help speed up the remission. :) Take my word on that. Never stop believing that it will go away!

-Aaron

Natalie_ava

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
Texas
You know, working in a hospital has truly opened my eyes to how lucky and fortunate I really am. I will keep your family in my prayers. Don't give up hope. I am continually amazed at how strong a single person's spirit and strength can be even in the darkest and loneliest of times.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
I'll add you and your wife to my prayers...... and ac is a great support group ;) FYI

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
Wow, Gunner, sorry to learn of your wife's illness! Thank goodness she has you and bless you for being so loving and attentive to her. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to her for a swift remission and full recovery.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
best of wishes for you both,..

and even though you already know, how special you are to your wife,.. if she forgets to tell you,..or is dealing with her health at times, that you being there is all the medicine she needs,..

that is a cure for sooo much,... i'd give anything and everything to have that ,..

i will pray for you both, as this is, at times, harder for the care giver some times,...

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
As a parent of a cancer survivor and as a stroke survivor I can tell you that attitude has a huge impact on health. I know that as a recipient of the efforts of a care-giver, anything you do is never wasted, not even during someone's last few minutes. Yes, it is very hard on the care-giver as their needs are often suppressed but that doesn't mean that it isn't doing something good. I am a firm believer in that whatever you do to help another will be repaid very handsomely and usually from a very unexpected source.

Hang in there. Will say prayers for you and the wife.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Sorry to hear of your wifes illness, Gunner. Both you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. Although it is not easy, try to stay positive and remember that all things are possible and that your friends and family are there to help you both. And never be afraid to show how you feel, it can only help to deal with this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store