FS Blue Pearl Shrimp-PU or shipped-NW Indiana

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

VickiesZoo

AC Members
Aug 25, 2009
NW IN
Real Name
Vickie
I have about 15 juvenile blue pearl shrimp available.
$3.00 each plus shipping which is about $7.00 Priority.

My adults range from light blue to dark blue. Even the juveniles (about 1/2") are showing lots of blue.

And I really have to practice taking pictures of the tank critters. Yes, that is a blue pearl shrimp in the middle of the picture. I'll try to get better pics at feeding time tonight.

PM me with any questions.

blue pearl shrimp.jpg

VickiesZoo

AC Members
Aug 25, 2009
NW IN
Real Name
Vickie
I only have the blue pearl and a couple amano shrimp in that tank... and a few fish and snails. I believe those are the males or youngins with a full poop shoot. They don't look total brown in person. The blurry thing comes into play.

Last edited:

VickiesZoo

AC Members
Aug 25, 2009
NW IN
Real Name
Vickie
Thank you dixienut for ruining my sale thread. I'm done with this forum.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
excuse me?.............:huh:

i was only asking because i was interested in buying some,.. how's that ruining your sales?????

fabsroman

AC Members
Sep 30, 2008
West Friendship, MD
excuse me?.............:huh:

i was only asking because i was interested in buying some,.. how's that ruining your sales?????
If a sale from another board doesn't go through I will have 15 to spare. I'll let you guys know if the sale falls through. Otherwise, I have plenty of babies that need to grow a little bit and then I will have some more for sale in a month or two.

The explosion in my RCS and Blue Pearl population over the last month has been incredible (Knock on wood). I don't know if it is just because spring is here, or if it had something to do with the reduced amount of maintenance I did during tax season. Don't think I will ever get to maintain the tanks as well during tax season as I do outside of tax season, so I might never know the answer to this issue. Oh well.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Hey fab,

Can RCS and the blue pearl stay in the same tank or will they interbreed? I have a 10 gallon filling up w/RCS and would like to try a different type of shrimp.

Thanks,

fabsroman

AC Members
Sep 30, 2008
West Friendship, MD
Hey fab,

Can RCS and the blue pearl stay in the same tank or will they interbreed? I have a 10 gallon filling up w/RCS and would like to try a different type of shrimp.

Thanks,
The answer would be NOPE.

None of the neocardinia species can be in the same tank if you do not want them to interbreed and revert back to their wild brownish color. So, mixing RCS, yellows, blue pearls, snowballs, or wild type neocardinia will get you back to wild type neocardinia. Initially, I wanted to have tanks set up for each different species of neocardinia, except the wild ones, but I ran out of room in the house. Between my bicycles and tanks all over the garage, and one of each in the house, I might be on the verge of a divorce if I don't stop buying more or we don't get a bigger house soon. LOL

Here is a pretty awesome chart on what shrimp will interbreed with one another:

http://www.theshrimptank.com/articles/compatibilitychart.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store